Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mission Impossible: Catch a ________

Everyone has something that's hard to them. At least ONE thing. It's impossible to not have anything that you're bad at. I call them Mission Impossibles. Mine is catching something. You could tell by looking at the title. But what? Your Mission Impossible can be anything, swimming, maybe play a specific instrument. Who knows? But anyway, my Mission Impossible... is to catch a football. Now you might think every boy should know how to catch a football. But that is NOT true. I know a lot of people who can't. But I am not going to name who they are because this is about ME and not THEM. Anyway, I can catch, a little. Only from short distance. The type of throws I can catch are the easy, light ones. Otherwise I can't catch anything else. I especially want to catch a bullet. It's a type of hard throw. I think... I always dodge them instead of catching them. I want to do it from far distance, too. Oh yeah, and I can't throw... Not footballs. Football is my worst sport. I can throw a baseball, REALLY good. I can hit runs, too. At church the boys were playing a football game. They let me join. Near the end, I was kicked out of the game. But I went back to the game right away. The only good thing about was that  I can run pretty fast. So they would just hand the ball to me and I'm running.
When the game ended, they were starting to make fun of me about how I can't catch. My face turned red. I told them I can catch, even though I knew I couldn't. So the owner of the ball laughed and said, "Let's see you try!" He threw the ball and I caught it. He smiled. I frowned. "So you CAN catch...Only (I forgot the name, but it was a name of a light throw) " "But you can't catch a bullet...We ALL can" "A what?" I thought as I looked around at the other kids, Eugene, and Matthew.  But I didn't like the sound of the name... Bullet... For some reason, I knew it was going to be hard to catch. WHAM!! The football was flying and I helplessly dodged it as it hit the wall. They all started laughing like crazy especially Stefan, the owner of the football. Face red, I walked to the door and went inside. You really don't want to know how I throw. If I throw, the ball lands a foot in front of the guy who is supposed to catch it.
No matter how hard I try, I can't make it. Maybe it's because I am not the "football" kind of guy...
 I don;t like it, not at all. Even if I am not a "football" kind of guy, I am not going to give up on trying...
I will try until my Mission Impossible is completed.!!!!!!   =)

No comments:

Post a Comment