Thursday, February 16, 2012

MY Ways of Winning a Chess Game

I stare slowly at the pieces. Excited, I tell my mom to hurry up and move her piece. I watch her as she moves her finger on to the rook. She places it on to a white square. Then my brain thinks, "Why did she put it there?" "What effect will that move do to me?" Then I quickly realize that she is planning a check. Then I quickly defend my king by castling with the rook next to the king.  This is one way that helps to win a chess game. To think about the player's move and to think about why they did it. It helps you a lot. If you think hard enough you can realize what they are trying to do and you can prevent their move or attack. This is only one way that can  help you win. Another thing is about defense and offense. I think that you should do both equally. Offense 50% and Defense 50%. This is because if you only attack the other player, the player can defend their king and easily defeat your king because you are not defending your king or other pieces, but busy attacking the opponent. I also think that you shouldn't only defend yourself. How are you going to win without attacking? If you only defend your self it would be impossible to win. So you must defend and attack at same time. If you have the choice to just attack the king and a choice that can defend your king and attack the opponent's king, then you should obviously choose the second choice. This is why I think you should do 50/50. My last thought is to concentrate, study, and practice. These are all obvious things. You have to do these things to know the basics and to know a lot of information. The more information, the better chance you can win. What are your ways of winning?

No comments:

Post a Comment