Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Poems By... Me.

99 Cents
Walking along on the sidewalk
I spot a golden coin,
gleaming in the sunshine
I pick it up, curious,
and I am surprised,
for it said:
99 Cent coin
My Creature
My creature is nice and small,
it has wings thin as paper,
and eyes like a tiny ball,
It knows how to climb a tree
It knows how to dance
It comes to school, every day with me!
My creature, so small and fluffy,
With wings, eyes and claws,
is now stuck in a tree.
Basketball
Swish!
Dunk!
A swirl of orange goes around
Dribble,
Pass
The players only hear that sound.
The ball is passed,
The ball is thrown,
The ball is dizzy,
everyone's busy,
to look at the ball's point of view.

(Inspired by Shel Silverstein's poem, Point of View)

Hunting
In the night,
the men grab their rifles,
and shuffle around
to spot a bird of sort.
They crouch and slowly creep,
towards their target
They point their rifles at the target
But the target sniffs, and...
BOOM!- They're off
The hunters get no chance
But then they see a snake creeping to them,
then they sniff and run for their lives.

(Notice: The hunters were hunted by the snake)

No comments:

Post a Comment