Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Manners

Manners are like rules made by people to follow. If talking with your mouth full was known as a manner, then everyone would be talking with their mouth full. Who made manners? I know that someone thought of these set of rules and passed them on to people and soon everyone knew it and it was something normal to know these manners. It is like the book, Frindle, a kid started to call a pen a frindle and soon it was a normal word, everyone was asking for frindles and it was an official word. Just like frindle, manners was made by one person and became an official set of rules. It was a set of rules made by a person and soon it was known to everyone. I never thought about manners so deeply. I just thought of it as a set of rules I had to follow for the rest of my life until I die in order to look good. But now that I think about it, how did manners start? If screaming at the table and sit on the table, it would become a part of manners, everyone would be sitting on the table, throwing their food at the wall, screaming, and not getting in trouble. So you should be happy with the manners we have now!

No comments:

Post a Comment