Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Monster Chess!

My favorite "toy" Lego's and my favorite "game" Chess. But, a Lego chess set that moves? That's crazy! A Lego robot designer named Steve Hassenplug built a Lego giant chess set that was said to be inspired by Harry Potter's wizard chess. The set took over 100,000 pieces. Steve Hassenplug's friends that helped him build the chess set included Ron McRae who created a working Lego ATM before. Each square on the chess board has a small 4 color square that each piece can see with it's color sensor. This will show where the pieces are and help the pieces no where to go. A touchscreen PC will direct all the pieces will go. I thought this project was really cool. The idea was brilliant and just the fact that this project was a success amazes me. I would really love to try and play chess with this creation. I think that Lego isn't just a child's plaything. But it can be a tool to create mechanical and technological creations that you design.

No comments:

Post a Comment