Thursday, August 7, 2014

Ebola Treatment

You've probably heard of Ebola by now, it was on the news not too long ago. It is a deadly disease that can spread among many people. Countries such as Liberia and Nigeria had Ebola outbreaks and doctors have volunteered to help out. Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol got sick with Ebola while volunteering in a Ebola clinic. Brantly and Writebol were both sent to America for treatment. But before either of them left they were injected with experimental, untested drugs. I think that it is indeed necessary to use experimental vaccines for life threatening situations. It could save somebody's life although it could go wrong and kill them instead. I think it is worth risking.
When I first heard of Ebola I thought about parasites. Therefore Ebola absolutely terrified me. I have a fear of parasitic creatures. The thought of them makes me cringe. I have a trauma from a movie I watched a long time ago along with a cartoon I saw about parasitic creatures and they both left a bad impression on me. Even though Ebola is not a parasite, I find Ebola just as scary. An entire population can possibly die because of it. Contagious diseases can spread and kill thousands of people. I think taking risks like untested drugs can sometimes be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment