Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Robot Dragon

Richard Hamel is a man who made a robot fly. Even though there are many robots in the world that can fly. I think Richard is amazing. I always wanted to make my Lego creations fly. I to used think that robots can't fly. But they can. Richard Hamel is an R/C plane builder. Richard Hamel made a fire breathing robot dragon that actually flies. He made it based on the dragon from the movie, How to Train Your Dragon. He noticed the tails of the dragons in the movie were a little odd. The robot was 33 pounds total so he made the wings 9 feet wide. I never knew in order for the robot to fly you need to make the wings/propellers wider. I am going to create a flying machine out of Mindstorms. The NXT brick will be in the middle and there will be three motors to lift it up. I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment