Friday, July 6, 2012

The Man Who Mailed Himself

Willie Reginald Bray seems a lot like me. Challenging rules and stretching out boundaries, keeping a foot or a finger over the boundary line. But he is different in one way, he is more couraegous than I am
. In 1898, Willie Reginald Bray , age 19, got the book of the Post Office rules, Bray read the rules, but saw them as challenges instead. He stretched out the rule's boundaries and found some loopholes in the rules. Then he began a test that lasted for 10 years. He started sending strange things through the mail, but the Post Office couldn't complain, because they were the ones who created the rules. Willie Reginald Bray was still following the rules. Bray sent onions and even rabbit skulls. He even mailed himself. But I think these acts are couraegous, because a lot of people might find the loopholes, but not a lot of people will exactly try to test them. I might find some loopholes, but I am not brave enought to test them. I would get worried about getting in toruble and other things, but Bray just tested them and was not afraid. In fact, he didn't really care. He was techinically following the rules, so he was not afraid to test the workers of the Post Office. Although what he did wasn't exactly a good thing, I think Willie Reginald Bray is a brave man.

No comments:

Post a Comment