Monday, June 4, 2012

Sneak Peek of my new book, Impossible

Running. I run in the ruins of my house, the house is no longer a house, it is nothing.
I run and keep on running, thorugh the smoke and throught the ashes.
I ignore the bleeding and splinters, I just run.
I open my mouth, ready to scream, but no sound comes out. I just run.
I finally stop and dig thoughr the scraps of wood and pieces of cement wall. I find a gap and pick up the limp body. I drop the body, knowing what happened. It was too late. I was too late.
I close my eyes and sit down. I wipe ash from my eyes. But I feel water coming out. I cover the dead body. Jem was dead. Dead. So was everone else. I was alone. Nobody was there to help me, or hug me to make me feel better. And this was all one person's fault. Clem.

3 comments: