Saturday, June 21, 2014

2014!!!!! and another Book Review: 39 Clues: Maze of Bones (No spoilers this time!)

It has been 7 months since I've posted a post on this blog. Thanks for the non-existent feedback guys! Here I am, continuing this review series.Well enjoy!

First things, first, I want to say that I finally read the Maze of Bones, the first book to the famous series, the 39 clues. I guess it was decent. I started the second already and I find it that I am looking forward to reading my favorite authors' books in this series. Because as you know, each book is written by a different person.
Anyway, here I begin;

Main characters: Amy and Dan Cahill

Summary: Amy and Dan Cahill are orphans. The only relatives they keep in touch with is their Grandma Grace and Aunt Beatrice. Aunt Beatrice is their guardian even though Amy and Dan both like Grace better. When Grace dies, they lose the only person they can ever trust. Amy and Dan learn about the surprising history of the Cahill's and how they were the most influential family of all time. From Benjamin Franklin to Issac Newton, almost everybody they know, alive or dead turns out to be a Cahill. But when Grace leaves a strange will concerning a life threatening challenge, Amy and Dan take the challenge. Now they are stuck in the middle of a dangerous journey to become the most powerful people in the world. There are 39 clues that lead to one treasure. Amy and Dan face many challenges as well as many of their relatives. Will Amy and Dan survive, or will they die in the clutches of their own relatives.

1. trust
2. Trust is key to survival
3. Amy: shy, knowledgeable, realistic
Dan: energetic, clever, courageous

4. I think the most memorable scene in the story was when Amy sacrificed the small vial containing a very important clue to the Kabras to save her brother. Although Dan wasn't even danger and she had been tricked into giving Ian Kabra the vial, Amy still had given up something very important to save her brother. The vial was something that took them a very long time to find.

5. The author was trying to teach you that trust is something very important and that you shouldn't give anyone your complete trust unless you love them very much.

6. I would rate this book a 7. It was a fun, and interesting read. I like the series, but I don't personally think it is one of "those" books that make you go, "ahah!".

7.
Beginning: Amy and Dan accept the challenge of the 39 Clues.


Climax: Amy and Dan are being targeted by everybody in the challenge


Ending: Amy and Dan proceed to the next clue.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment