Friday, April 26, 2013

The Pursuit of Happiness (Edited and Revised Edition) (Includes an Epilogue)

      Jack Garrow was in the pursuit of happiness. He was always sad and lonely. He had no friends or at least someone to make him feel better.
      On one particular day, he seemed sadder than ever. He was looking down at his feet, just walking and shuffling around. I was going over to my friends, when I saw him. A sudden wave of sadness came to me. I slowly and cautiously approached him. 
     "What's the matter?" I said. 
He didn't look up, he simply said, "I'm on the pursuit of happiness."
Puzzled, I looked at him and asked, "What's that?"
     "A pursuit that can last your life" Jack seemed very full of thought.
     "Are you okay?" I asked a bit more brightly.
     "Yeah but my sister isn't." 
He looked up and it felt like he was looking at my soul. I swallowed a big lump in my throat. I was only in 2nd grade and I didn't know what to say. 
     "Is she... okay?"
     "She has some illness called pn-" he stopped. "I don't know."
I felt sorry for a kid I never knew.
     "I hope she'll get better... I'll pray?!" I added. 
     "Thanks." He said glumly.
That was my first conversation with Jack Garrow.
     The next day, I prayed before going to school. I started to admire Jack. He seemed wise and knowledgeable in a way. I quickly became his friend and learned a lot about him. he seemed a lot brighter and happier than before. 
     "Thank you, my sister is a lot better now." he told me one day. I felt like I was a part of saving somebody's life- I felt like a hero. I felt proud and happy. 
     "And also, thank you for helping me in the pursuit of happiness."
     Helping Jack had a lot of effect on me. I made a friend and also helped save a life. But the greatest help of all was that he helped me in the pursuit of happiness- a pursuit I didn't even know I wasn't part of.

Thank you Jack, thank you.




Epilogue

     Jack moved away and I never say him again. He was a good friend, a true friend. I will truly miss him forever and I wish he sees this piece of writing.




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
If you haven't noticed, this is fake... Yeah, go hit me now.
: p Thanks to: my sister, my life, and me. 
I AM JACK GARROW!
?

No comments:

Post a Comment