Monday, September 17, 2012

The Horror of Ketchup

When I look at ketchup, I shudder. It makes me feel like throwing up. I don't even remember the taste of it when I think about it. I just don't like how it looks like and feels like. I don't remember even eating it or tasting it either. But when I look at ketchup I cringe. Something about ketchup makes me feel fishy and uneasy. I never thought about the taste, but I am prejudice and expect it to be disgusting. When I was young I ate ketchup once and I insisted that it was hot and I never ate it again. But I don't think of "hot" when I think of ketchup. I think of queasiness. Why am I afraid? I never tried it before, except once. How do I know what it is going to taste like? But once that prejudice wiggled into my mind, I never want to try it. I never go near ketchup. I always stay away from it. But now that I think about it, what if it isn't the taste that I don't like it? What if it is the color? Although I like red. It might be the way it looks too. It can be anything, but I don't like ketchup anyway.  I don't think I ever will try it, but I hope I can get the prejudice out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment